See you there!
Friday, September 30, 2011
See you there!
Posted by Brandie at 6:12 PM
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Two days until the Autumn Street Fair! I've been painting my little fingers to the bone. I am so hoping that all of you are making plans to come see me!
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
By the way, thank you Angie and Alex for this order! I loved painting something special for your kitchen!
Posted by Brandie at 4:18 PM
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Saturday, September 24, 2011
I have to! Tomorrow is my day to take Carter to baseball. This coming week at school looks crazy. I am being evaluated on Friday. All of you teachers know what that means! I'm on pins and needles! Just when I think things are slowing down a bit, something else comes along and we are busier than ever. Whew!
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Today I cleaned out the closets. We don't have enough room in our closets for summer and winter clothes to be in there at the same time. Our closets aren't small - we just have a lot of clothes. I admit it! The out of season clothes are stored when not being used so switching them out is a big project. I'm kind of glad it works out that way because I really purge every time I switch.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Remember that I will start taking orders again on October 1st. Make you lists and check them twice and be ready! Thanks so much!!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Thank you so much, Jennifer!
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Whatever your rules are, why not make them known with a polite (but oh, so cute!) sign?
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
This sweet little hot pink and zebra print canvas would really match my classroom! Cute and perfect for those small spaces!
Thank you so much, teachers! Have a fabulous school year!
Monday, September 5, 2011
I'm loving fall and this cooler weather and even the rain! I asked Jennisa at Once Upon a Blog to give my header a little fall makeover. I just love what she did! Today I am giving a tutorial on how to make wooden chalkboards - since it is my day off and all!
1. I stumbled across these thin, flat sheets of wood in the Wal-Mart craft department. They are so cheap that I'm not even going tell you how much! I bought several of the small ones and two of the large ones. The large ones even have nice beveled edges. Lightly sand them and clean off all of the dust. Then paint them with two coats of white paint. This gives you a nice smooth painting surface.
2. Mark off your chalkboard space with a pencil and ruler. Choose the color for the edges around the chalkboard and apply two coats. Be sure to go around the sides as well!
3. Add any background details, like the diamonds on these.
4. The actual chalkboard paint is also available at Wal-Mart and most other craft stores. I even saw dry erase board paint at Lowe's. I'm going to have to check that out! Just follow the direction on the bottle. I did three coats.
5. Once that is good and dry, it's time for the fun part - details! Now you can do any lettering, ribbon, rhinestones, etc. that will make your chalkboard your own!
What takes the longest on these is the drying time between each coat. Be patient! I am so excited to be presenting all of these at the Autumn Street Fair on October 1. After that, I am hoping to get some more ready to go for your Christmas shopping!
Enjoy you day off, too!
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Thanks so much, ladies, for helping me get in the mood for winter!