One Busy Summer...

Today is Carter's 13th birthday!  I can't believe I have a teenager!!!  I was going through the photos and found these two of him and his dad.  Mike looks pretty much the same, but look how much Carter has grown!



He's been playing on three baseball teams and practicing basketball this summer.  Lauren also plays ball.  I feel like I need to just stencil "Team Bus" on the side of my van!  Needless to say, most of my time is spent at the ballpark or getting ready for the ballpark.  I'm not complaining.  I love it and know that this time in my life is just a short phase.

 

When I'm not playing ball, I have been getting some painting and home projects done.  I just finished this old school desk for Lauren.  I was all beat up and painting some funky pastel colors.  I sanded it down and used a spray paint for metal in the turquoise.  After it was good and dry, I taped it down and used chocolate brown spray paint on the wooden parts.  Finally, I hand stamped the fleur-de-lis in bronze.  I love how it turned out!!

I hope you all are enjoying your summer, too!





Comments