Sports Classroom Tour - Totally Teamwork!


I'm a little late getting around to sharing my classroom this school year.  I've taken all these pictures after school has started.  I try to do it in the summer before it gets a little cluttered.  It just didn't happen!  I went with a sports theme and used patterns of red, black and white - which happen to be our school colors!


I needed new file folders and found this set that matches perfectly!  This little folder rack is my favorite gadget.  I always file and stack everything and then can't find it.  Problem solved!


My desk!  I covered the front panel in this adorable football field paper that I found on Amazon.  I am a bit of a neat freak (note the file folders) so my desk really does usually look like this.  I just can't think when things are piled up everywhere!  I also hate fluorescent lighting so I turn them off and use my lamp anytime I can.


There are two small bulletin boards on the wall beside my whiteboard.  I usually devote one to calendar and decided that was a complete waste of space!  This year I did a "Major League Work" board.  This is to display all that extra special work that gets turned in.  The students get a homework pass if they make the board -yay!
The other board is the "Overtime Board".  When I have students who finish sooner than others, I always have to deal with the "what to do now" question.  Here's the answer!


I used the "poofs" and cursive alphabet from Schoolgirl Style.  She's got super cute printables that are so easy to use and those tissue flowers of every color!  The paper lanterns came from Oriental Trading.  Those football ones are my favorite!


I am so lucky to have a classroom with tons of storage.  My back wall is a computer counter and lots of cabinets.  I covered that small space behind the computers with black paper and used some sports punchouts from our Teacher Center.  The pennant flags also came from Schoolgirl Style.  There's a whole set of coordinating products called "Totally Teamwork"!  My son set my computer monitors to Michael Jordan!


Two of my cabinet doors are used to display the state vocabulary for the subjects I teach.


This grouping is by the door.  Rather than just sticking things on the wall, I try to make them into their own little bulletin board.  I just think it makes it all look more pulled together!  Those big posters behind my desk are also a faux bulletin board!  I use a low temp hot glue gun.  It always peels off without damaging the paint.


Cute labels and bins for an organized way to turn in finished work!  There's not much I love better than sorted art supplies - crazy I know!  My awesome gray shelf with the sorting bins came from the automotive section at Sam's.


My one big bulletin board became a place for all that classroom stuff that you have to have.  I made it the "Half Time Report" in keeping with the sports theme.  It was my son's idea to add the ESPN logo.  He's a sports nut and was happy to offer advice!  I used more of the football field paper that is on my desk for the background.


I bought this little red desk over the summer.  It's too small for my students to actually sit and do work.  It is perfect for the sharpener, pencils, tissues, etc.  I labeled it the "Locker Room" since it is storage!

Since I am a science teacher, I use my bookshelf for science related nonfiction.  I've been building my library.  Even though it doesn't look like a lot, I do have some pretty great books!  The magazines are sorted in the red and black baskets from the $1.00 section at Target.  I used my daughter's old pom poms as decoration around the TV area.

I love Ron Clark's charisma and style of teaching.  I use a lot of his rules.  They're posted over the whiteboard.  The board is framed in black and red tulle and white Christmas lights.  I like to have them on anytime the lights are off.  It's so cozy!


I redid my filing cabinet labels with red and white polka dot scrapbook paper.  The monogrammed basket was a gift from students last year.  There's an umbrella, whistle, sunglasses, and all my other playground stuff that I have to carry out with me in there.  It's so much easier to keep it all on one place!  There's a few more poofs in the window.


The tan bookshelf got a coat of shiny black spray paint over the summer.  It needed it!  I keep this little shelf up front for photos and there are dry erase markers in the basket.  I have a student who is blind so all of her braile books are on the bottom shelf.

I love how this little grouping turned out!


My outside door has the window framed with a sports border.  I try to use as little glue as possible on that wooden door!


We used this wreath with our Beta Club last year.  It was going to be thrown away!  I rescued it and added the black tulle and the wooden cut out in the center.  I'm so happy with how it turned out!


I also have a small bulletin board beside my door.  I use it to display student work later on in the school year.  These cute jerseys are from Schoolgirl Style and the students in my homeroom each have their own.  So cute!

Well, that's it for the classroom tour!  It's already been an exhausting but wonderful first couple of weeks of school.  I'm starting to get back in the groove!





Comments

Ashley Freeman said…
your room looks AWESOME brandi!!
Sophie Grace said…
Thanks a lot for sharing a piece of wonderful information which I am looking for a longer period of time. TO find top account on instagram, please visit instagram viewer